…at nearly a foot tall.
I didn’t eat the giant mushroom. If you zoom in, you can see it already has insect damage at the base. There are some pics of “eaters” below.
I ALWAYS COOK wild caught fungi. Some have bothersome chemicals supposedly denatured by cooking, and it sterilizes them. No one wants to eat raw bug slime.
My oyster mushroom consumption process is simple. Blast the bugs off with the faucet sprayer. DRY. Dust lightly with bread crumbs or salted flour. Fry in butter and olive oil. Serve with rice or as a salad topper.